A Sense of Sanctuary in the Vibrant East End
With a winning combination of location, architecture and design creating a living environment that is warm, inviting and truly original, this superb first floor apartment in ‘The Y’ conveys a real sense of sanctuary that belies its vibrant east end surrounds. Exposed beams and columns with soaring 11ft ceilings and tall windows lace the home’s Manhattan-style interior while an utterly private rear courtyard adds a touch of Melbourne glamour.
Its soul-soothing interiors are wonderfully spacious feeling more like a small home than an apartment. A roomy open plan layout connects to a wide alfresco terrace providing for a true exchange between indoor and outdoor living and entertaining, with its cherished northerly aspect providing all day sun and the smell of sea salt blowing in on the breeze. Premium fixtures and fittings, including custom cabinetry and ducted air-conditioning, complement the intelligent use of space. Bedrooms are tucked away achieving sanctuary status served by two large bathrooms, while a central study/multi purpose room further demonstrates the intelligent use of space.
The neighbourhood is also an inspiration; it is lively, central, accessible and fabulous to live in within minutes to award-winning restaurants, world-class surf breaks, Newcastle’s revered arts and entertainment scene and Honeysuckle’s harbourside bars and eateries.
– First floor of ‘The Y’ apartments complex (formerly Newcastle YMCA building)
– Secure entry and lift access
– City parking is a breeze with a dedicated car spot plus a custom built storage cabinet
– Kitchen with granite benchtops, dishwasher and Smeg gas cooktop
– Two bedrooms with an abundance of robe space
– Master ensuite and spacious full family bathroom; large laundry
– Neighbourly and pet-friendly building of mostly owner occupiers
– In the middle of an area currently undergoing revitalisation